RULES of the STUDENT’S CONFERENCE ONCOweek
RULES of the STUDENT’S CONFERENCE ONCOweek
The tumor under the watchful eye today and tomorrow
and STUDENT’S THESIS CONTEST
1. The following regulations outline conditions of participation in the Podlaski Week of
Prevention and Treatment of Oncological Disorders ONCOweek which will take place
from 2nd to 8th of December 2019 in Białystok.
2. Podlaski Week of Prevention and Treatment of Oncological Disorders ONCOweek held
in Bialystok is THORAX Foundation together with Medical University of Białystok
students and stuff initiative, mentioned further as an “Organiser”.
3. As a part of Podlaski Week of Prevention and Treatment of Oncological Disorders
ONCOweek, on December 7th will be held Undergraduate Dissertation Contest and
Undergraduate Conference ONCOWEEK The tumor under the watchful eye today and
tomorrow along with workshops organized on 8th of December
4. The event is aimed at medical students interested in oncological topics.
5. The Conference and Student’s Thesis Contest’s destination is the Innovation Research Center
(ul. Waszyngtona 13, 15-269 Bialystok).
6. Duration of Conference and Studen’s Thesis Contest is layout in Program of Podlaski
Week of Prevention and Treatment of Oncological Disorders ONCOweek published on
7. The official website of Conference and Student’s Thesis Contest is oncoweek.pl
8. The official languages of the Conference and Student’s Thesis Contest are English and
9. The provisions of these Regulations constitute an integral part of the registration for
participation in Conference and Student’s Thesis Contest and apply to all Participants.
RULES OF PARTICIPATION
1. All medical students who are interested in the topics are eligible for taking part in
2. Two forms of participation are featured:
- a passive participant – who can attend lectures, enter Undergraduate Dissertation Contest as a free listener and actively take part in workshops
- an active participant – who can attend lectures as a free listener, present Undergraduate Dissertation Contest work and actively take part in workshops
3. The requirement of passive participation is filling the registration form to 1st of
4. The requirements of an active participation are
- filling the registration form to 1st of December, 2019
- discharge of 50 PLN as conference payment
- submitting an abstract of dissertation till the 4th of November,2019 on email
5. The Conference registration form for both passive and active participants will be
available on oncoweek.pl website on 1st of November, 2019.
6. The registration will be closed on the 1st of December of earlier in case of place
exhaustion, which will be stated on website oncoweek.pl.
7. Passive participation is free.
8. Payments for participation can be made by bank transfer.
9. The bank transfer should be made to the bank account number
10 1020 1332 0000 1102 1045 6178 (Bank PKO BP) Transfer
title: ‘ONCOweek KPD, Name, Surname’ (np.: ONCOweek KPD, Jan
10. Participants have the right to resign from passive and active participation in
Conference by sending information to the Organiser in form of the email titled ‘Resignation from Conference+ name and surename many of a participant’ on
a firstname.lastname@example.org address.
11. Participants have the right to resign from active participation in Student’s Thesis
Contest by sending information to the Organiser in form of the email titled ‘Resignation from Undergraduate Dissertation Contest+ name and surname of a
participant’ on an email address- email@example.com
12. In case of resignation from active participation after discharging conference
payment, money wont be brought back.
13. The only confirmation of taking part in Conference is ‘Participation Certificate’,
which will be sent electronically after the event.
RULES OF WORK SUBMISSION
1. Authors of works can be current medical students . Doctoral work will not be
2. Each participant can present only one work.
3. Each participant can be a co-author of at most two pieces of work.
4. All pieces of work presented during Student’s Thesis Contest apply to all field
connected with oncology- clinical oncology, pediatric oncology and haematology,
oncologic surgery, radiotherapy, radiology and pathomorphology
5. Unpublished original dissertations and descriptions of medical cases are subject of
6. Reviews will be not qualified to be declaimed.
7. An abstract has to be written in English.
8. The title of the abstract has to be stated in English.
9. The body of an abstract cannot exceed 300 words (the title of work, chapters and
authors affiliation are not counted).
10. An abstract should comprise of following parts
original works: introduction, the aim of the study, materials and methods,
descriptions of medical cases: introduction, the aim of the study, case
11. An abstract cannot contain: charts, graphs, and pictures.
12. An abstract should be sent in doc. or docx. format and include following information
title of work in English
names of all author along with affiliation
name of co-author who will present the work email address on which the message about work qualification will be sent.
According to the abstract specimen published by Organiser on the official website of
13. Required font used in the abstract is Times New Roman, 11, single interline.
14. The completed abstract specimen should be sent on email address
firstname.lastname@example.org till the 4th of November entitled ‘ONCOweek KPS,
Name Surename’ (np.: ONCOweek KPS, Jan Kowalski).
RULES OF WORK QUALIFICATION
1. The organizer appoints a Qualifying Committee, which will verify the submissions to
be presented during the Student’s Thesis Contest.
2. The Admissions Committee will select the best abstracts for oral presentation during
the Undergraduate Dissertation Contest
3. Each applicant will be notified about the qualification results electronically by
November 24, 2019 (information will be sent to the e-mail address provided in the
electronic message when sending the abstract).
4. The Qualifying Committee reserves the right to change the number of works
presented during the Undergraduate Dissertation Contest .
5. Works that do not meet the conditions specified in these Regulations will be
6. The Qualifying Committee’s decision to accept or reject is final.
RULES OF WORK PRESENTATION
1. Qualified work should be presented by one of the co-authors mentioned in the email
message sent along with abstract.
2. Authors of the work are obliged to prepare multimedia presentation in MS Office
Power Point in line with specimen available for download on the Conference website.
All animations and audio files are appended at own risk.
3. The presentation should be shared on an email address
email@example.com , according to guide available on the Organiser
website, with the name of the person presenting and title of the work till 4th of
4. Failure to submit a multimedia presentation within the time limit will result in the
removal of the work from the list of works presented during the Undergraduate
5. Qualified submissions will be presented according to the schedule set by the
6. The schedule of the Undergraduate Disseration Competition will be published on the
Conference website by December 6, 2019.
7. The Organizer reserves the right to amend the schedule of the Conference and Student Competition.
8. In justified cases, the work may be presented by another author, after informing the
Organizer (minimum 24 hours).
9. The presentation cannot be longer than 7 minutes, followed by a 3-minute
discussion with the Jury.
10. The papers should be presented orally in English.
11. The discussion with the Jury will be in English.
12. All authors (registered as passive participants) have the right to participate in the discussion.
13. The person conducting the Undergraduate Dissertation Competition may interrupt
the presentation or discussion in the event of exceeding the set time.
14. The person presenting will receive a Work Award Certificate.
RULES OF WORK ASSESSMENT
1. Organizer is obliged to set up Jury consisting of specialists from given field
corresponding with Undergraduate subject matter.
2. Elements of presentation judged by Jury:
- substantive value;
- legibility of the presented content and the manner of their presentation;
- manner and form of discussion.
3. Based on the sum of the marks awarded by the Jury, the best 3 presentations will be
selected (I place, II place, I award).
4. In case of obtaining the same number of points by two or more presentations, the chairman of the Jury will have the deciding vote.
5. The results of the Doctoral Dissertation Contest will be presented on the same day,
i.e. on December 7, 2019, around 17.00.
6. Information on results will not be provided by phone or e-mail.
7. The jurys decision is final and irrevocable.
1. During Podlaski Week of Prevention and Treatment of Oncological Disorders
ONCOweek – on the 8th of December (Saturday) workshops address to medical students will be held.
2. Information on thematic, destination and precise hour of the beginning of the
workshops will be published on the Conferences website oncoweek.pl and on social
media on official event Facebook fan page facebook.com/oncoweek.
3. Workshops can attend passive and active participants who
fill registration form until the 1st of December,2019
fill the workshop application form (which is available on the
Conferences website oncoweek.pl and on social media on official
event Facebook fan page facebook.com/oncoweek.) until the 1st of
4. The number of places on workshops is limited and the order of applications matters.
5. Each participant can attend to only one workshop chosen in the application form.
6. After a successful registration, a attendant receives an electronic message confirming
participation in the selected workshop with additional information concerning
7. Resignation from the workshop should be reported to the Organiser as soon as possible, in that case, the on the waiting list will be notice about a vacancy.
CONSENT TO THE USE OF THE IMAGE
1. During the Conference, the Organizer may conduct photo sessions and film the
course of the Conference for the purpose of broadcasting in mass media (television,
radio, Internet, press) or for the purposes of documentation, promotion, advertising
of the Organizer and other persons indicated by the Organizer. Any participation in
the Conference will constitute acceptance to the recording, use and / or
dissemination by the Organizer, related entities of the image / voice / speech of each
Participant in all promotional and marketing materials without time and territorial
2. Consent is given to the fact that photographs, films or recordings made during the Conference may be placed on the Conference website or another managed by him
and used in promotional materials, also disseminated for this purpose by means of
vision or audio. The participant hereby waives all claims (existing and future),
including remuneration against the Organizer for using their image / voice / speech
for the purposes specified in these Regulations.
1. Submitting a Participant to participate in the Conference will constitute acceptance of
these Regulations and their consent to the processing of their personal data by the
Organizer on the principles resulting from generally applicable law.
2. Submission of the work by the authors is also a consent to the publication of
abstracts in the Abstract Book and to provide information on the title of work,
authors and results of the competition on the Conference website and in social
media on the events official page on Facebook facebook.com/oncoweek.
3. The organizer reserves the right to change dates. At the same time, he is obliged to
inform about this fact by publishing information on the Conference website and in
social media on the official event page on Facebook facebook.com/oncoweek.
4. All disputes not included in these Regulations will be settled by the Organizer.
5. According to the Act of May 10, 2018 on the protection of personal data (Journal of
Laws of 2018, item 1000, as amended) and the GDPR (Regulation of the European
Parliament and of the Council (EU) 2016/679 of April 27 2016 on the protection of
individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement
of such data and repealing Directive 95/46 / EC (General Data Protection Regulation)
(Official Journal EU L 119 of 04/05/2016) Organizer of the Conference does not
transfer, sell or lend the collected personal data of Participants to other persons or
institutions.The personal data provided by the Participant is treated as confidential
information and is used only for the purpose of communication between the
Participant and the Conference Organizer.
6. These Regulations enter into force on the day of its publication.